Discussion Group Rules & Etiquette
Thank you for being part of the Trucking Interchange community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to this medium – an online forum and knowledge base. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, please contact us. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
- Be nice! Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don’t sell here! Don't post commercial messages on any discussion list, resource library entry, or another area where others might see it. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Be aware! Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see.
- Be smart! All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Be fair! Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted. Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Don’t spam! Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message.
- Participate! Discussion groups are only as useful as the content added by members! Ask questions, answer questions, post articles and topics for discussion. This is your community and we look forward to seeing how you use it!
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation or company, location. It’s OK to include a tagline or current promotion if you wish to.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting. This helps your fellow community members avoid long scrolling threads.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from. You can send individual messages to specific people as needed.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list” or similar. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of the Trucking Association of New York. The Trucking Association of New York is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by TANY or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall TANY be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants TANY and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
TANY reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.